How to install

Feb 3, 2009 at 5:54 PM
I am really interested in using this SharePoint add-on for WSS, however, I'm not too technical when it comes to SharePoint administration and don't know how to deploy the wsp file. Can you walk me through the steps I need to perform to get it working? Also, the steps to roll it out in case there are any issues.

Thank you-

~Eric
Mar 17, 2009 at 6:54 PM
Edited Mar 17, 2009 at 7:08 PM
This is a great addition and I would have appreciated some assistance with the install. I did manage to figure it out by running the following commands:

"%CommonProgramFiles%\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\BIN\stsadm.exe" -o addsolution -filename Vossers.QuickLaunchExtender.DeploymentPackage.wsp
"%CommonProgramFiles%\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\BIN\stsadm.exe" -o deploysolution -name Vossers.QuickLaunchExtender.DeploymentPackage.wsp -local -allowgacdeployment -allcontenturls

As mentioned by another commend in the discussions, it would be nice, possibly for future releases, to enable the option for users to click the titles instead of besides the titles to extend/collapse the headings. Or, possible an arrow that points to the right for collapsed and down for expanded such as done here: http://www.endusersharepoint.com/?p=985 So there is an indication of where to click.

However, it works great, so no complaints here. Thanks-

Jun 9, 2009 at 5:19 PM

After entering the above commands, the feature still does not appear in the list of Site Features for any of the sites.  As far as we can tell the deployment was successful.  Or more to the point WSS is telling us it was successful.  However since it's not in the Feature list we cannot activate it.

Any suggestions?

thanks

Slap