Behaviour when clicking Heading

Feb 19, 2009 at 9:01 AM
Hi,

First of all my compliments on a great piece of software. We were looking for something like this for a while now.

I also have a question, I have installed and activated the component and it seem to be working fine. But (there's always a but) to collapse/expand the menu I have to click besides the heading (the text link). Clicking the text opens the link, but does not expend the menu. Is there a way to fix this, am I doing something wrong.

Ideas/comments on this issue are highly appreciated
Coordinator
Mar 1, 2009 at 4:23 PM
Hi Mr Tjo.

thanks for the compliments.

The described behaviour is by design. People have the choice to either open the link, or expand/collapse the panel, depending on where they click.

Kind regards,

Jaap Vossers
Apr 1, 2009 at 3:38 PM
And what about using a small icon (only present when child nodes are present) to expand/collapse the panel? Some kind of icon we can see in columns header when a sort is applied.
Aug 12, 2009 at 12:37 AM

The tool is an excellent tool and works great at first install. However, as sailro alluded, our users got quite confused with the lack of a + or  - symbol for expand and collapsed.  It got to the point that they requested to remove the extender. 

Ideally,  a tree view based on the navigation items of the quicklaunch would be great.